$60 for Finals Fun Fest - Multiple games & a Raffle w/ great prizes
Standard collegiate volleyball rules will be observed. Read below to view the basic rules along with a few exceptions
A minimum of 5 players is needed to start a game. Minimum of 10 players on each roster maximum 25 on each roster.
Matches consist of the best (2) out of (3) games to (25) points. 3rd game to (15). Must win by (2) points. ALL RALLY SCORING
A ball that hits the ceiling shall be considered live unless it strikes the ceiling on a third hit or passed over the net
Teams will change sides after games one and two, and after a team reaches 7 points in the third game.
A defensive player may break the plane of the net to block or attack the ball only after the ball has broken the plane.
A back row player cannot attack or block the ball unless he/she is behind the 10-foot attack line. A back row player may play the ball in front of the attack line, if the ball is entirely below the net.
Players must rotate clockwise and be in proper rotation when the ball is served.
Each team is allowed two 30-second time outs per game (time outs do not carry over to the next game).
A side out or point is awarded on net violations. Net Violations: touching the top band of the net when attacking/blocking, touching the top 2 and a half feet of the antenna, taking support from the net while playing a ball, or using the net in a way to hinder an opponent's legitimate attempt to play the ball.
No player’s foot, hand, or body may completely cross over the centerline at any point during the game.
If the serve hits the net and goes to the opponents’ side, the ball is live.
Server may not step on out of bounds line while serving.
Defenders may not spike the ball off a serve.
No double hits.
If two players on the same team hit the ball at the same time, either player can hit the ball again if it will not be a fourth hit.
If the ball hits the line anywhere on the court, the ball is in.
Offensive players may not purposefully block the defensive players’ vision of the server.
ANY ABUSE OF AN OFFICIAL IS GROUNDS FOR EJECTION.
CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE ACU VOLLEYBALL TEAM ARE INELIGIBLE TO PLAY INTRAMURAL VOLLEYBALL.
1. One game ball will be provided. If your team wishes to “warm-up” or practice, bring your own volleyballs.
2. Shoes that leave black marks on the floor are prohibited.
1. Each team roster can have up to 25 players and a minimum of 10 players. Additional names may be added to the roster until the first game if there is room.
2. Any player playing in the postseason tournament must have already played in at least one of their team’s regular season games.
3. A team forfeits any game in which an unlisted player or a non-ACU student, non-ACU faculty/staff, or non-ACU alumni participates.
4. Any person whose name is on an ACU Volleyball Roster during the current season is ineligible. However, you can have an ELIGIBLE ex-college volleyball player on the roster, but only 2 allowed per team.
5. Players on the same team MUST wear similar color shirts. NO caps or sunglasses are to be worn while playing.
6. If a team has 2 forfeits, they will be dropped from competition with no refund.
7. A team must win at least 1 game to make the bracket play (rec league)
8. A PLAYER MAY ONLY PLAY ON 1 TEAM.
9. A person on chapel probation may not participate in Intramurals as a player or coach for that semester.
EACH PARTICIPANT MUST SIGN AN E-WAIVER ON
IM LEAGUES BEFORE THEIR FIRST GAME.
ALL INJURIES MUST BE REPORTED TO THE INTRAMURAL WORKER IMMEDIATELY. EACH PARTICIPANT IS FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR CARE OF PERSONAL INJURY,THEREFORE, THE IM SPORTS DEPARTMENT AND ACU URGES ALL PARTICIPANTS TO BE COVERED BY A PERSONAL INSURANCE POLICY OR PURCHASE A STUDENT INSURANCE POLICY OFFERED BY THE SCHOOL. THE IM SPORTS DEPARTMENT AND ABILENE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS.
PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.