Need Some Help?


0 Photossee all photos


Current School

Where do I go to find answers to Intramural Sports questions?

The first place you should look is in the participant manual. The participant manual can be found on the toolbar on the left side of the screen, under "info" and then under "handbooks and manuals".

The Competitive Sports Clubhouse is located on the second floor of the John Wooden Center, suite 2388. The Clubhouse is generally open from 10 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday during the fall, winter, and spring academic quarters. The Clubhouse has limited hours during the summer quarter, between quarters, and during finals weeks’. Additionally, the clubhouse is closed all university holidays and official closures. The Clubhouse may also be reached by phone at (310) 267-5416, or by e-mail at

Back to top

Is there a fee to play Intramural Sports?

Your $25 access pass is good for as many sports as you would like to play (grouping restrictions apply) for each quarter. 


Back to top

How do I register to play?

At the beginning of each academic year, a list of intramural sports activities and their respective registration periods will be posted on 

There will be different days, times, and skill levels offered and you will need to sign up during a time period your whole team is willing and able to play. There are a limited number of spots in the divisions and those spots will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. The corresponding registration fee must be paid online after creating your team on IMLeagues using a credit card. All major credit cards are accepted. You will not be approved into the league until you pay the registration fee and your minimum has been met on your roster. Remember, no inappropriate team names will be accepted. Team names referencing alcohol, drugs, or vulgarity may be modified by our staff.

After scheduling your game time and completing the captain’s quiz, invite your fellow teammates to join onto your IMLeagues online roster using their email or profile that has already been created, and you will be ready to start playing!


Back to top

What leagues and divisions are offered?

UCLA Intramural Sports offers men’s, women’s and co-recreational leagues in five different divisions that eligible individuals may elect to participate in. A participant may only play on one team per league. The leagues are:

  • “Fraternity and Sorority” – This team must consist of current undergraduate active and pledge members of any recognized campus fraternity or sorority.
  • “Residential Life ” – The team must consist entirely of students residing in University Housing.
  • “Graduate, Faculty and Staff (GFS)” – This team must consist entirely of current graduate students, faculty, or staff members. Faculty and staff members must have a current UCLA Recreation Card.
  • "Open" The Open Division provides team sport competition in which people of any gender compete together. Rules for play do not have any gender-specific modifications.
  • “Independent” – This team must consist of currently enrolled UCLA students or individuals who have a current UCLA Recreation membership. These participants may also be eligible to play on a co-rec team, as well as one other team of their own gender in any of the other available divisions.
  • “Co-Recreational (Co-Rec)” – This team must consist of both men and women who are currently enrolled UCLA students or UCLA Recreation members. The rules for sports in this division have been modified for the purpose of equalizing play between men and women.

For further information on eligibility for our divisions, please consult the UCLA Intramural Sports Participant Manual.

Back to top

Are there different levels of competition?

We encourage everyone, whether they have played the sport competitively or not, to register and participate. In order to keep a fun, as well as fair, environment, we offer two different levels of competitions in which our participants can choose.

  • “A” – This classification is designated as the most competitive and is for individuals who have experience participating at the high school level or higher.   If a team has a former collegiate varsity athlete (in the same or related sport) or a current club sports member (in the same or related sport) listed on their roster, they must register for this classification.
  •  “B” – This classification is designated as a moderately competitive level for individuals who have had casual experience participating.
Back to top

Who is eligible to compete?

The Intramural Sports program is open to all current UCLA students, staff, alumni and their affiliates, extension students, and faculty who have a UCLA Recreation membership.

To preserve the fairness of our activities, there are eligibility restrictions in place for current and former professional, varsity, junior-varsity, intercollegiate-athletics, and club sport members. These restrictions can be found in the UCLA Intramural Sports Participant Manual.

Back to top

How do I sign-up as a free agent?

It is our goal to provide every opportunity that we can to get as many students and members to participate as possible. Those who want to participate in an intramural event, but don’t have a team to play with, can sign up as a free agent and message teams to pick up players. We also encourage you to come to the playing spaces before seasons start to meet potential teammates.

Back to top

How do I know if intramural games are cancelled?

If inclement weather causes the cancelation of any outdoor intramural event, we will post the information on the IMLeagues website and email teams. While we will do our best to schedule make-up games in the event of bad weather, we cannot guarantee that they will be due to time and field availability.

Back to top

What employment opportunities are there with Intramural Sports?

Intramural Sports is a great way for students to not only remain active through participation in our events, but to become active student workers as well. We offer officiating jobs throughout the year with flexible hours allowing our employees to still participate.  Training is provided, for all sports, to those interested in officiating our intramural events. After officiating, even more opportunities exist to advance in the program, working as either Supervisors or Student Coordinators.

If you are interested in working for us, stop by the Competitive Sports Clubhouse in the John Wooden Center for more information and/or email the Clubhouse.

Back to top

What if my team isn't able to attend a scheduled game?

Each team is allowed to default one game per season. This option will include a loss for your team; however, your team will avoid the $25 fee associated with a forfeit. To default a game, notify the competitive sports office by noon the day of your scheduled game.  If your scheduled game is during the weekend (Sat. or Sun.), you must notify the competitive sports office by noon on the Friday before the scheduled game.

Back to top

Forfeits: How do we pay the forfeit fee so that we remain in the league?

If a team is not present and ready to play five minutes after the scheduled game time, a forfeit shall be declared. Any team forfeiting a game must pay a $25 forfeit fee before one full day prior to their next scheduled game. Failure to pay the fee will result in the removal of the team from the schedule. You may pay your forfeit fee online at Each sport has its own forfeit fee section; please pay for the sport you play in by creating a team within the forfeit fee section.

Back to top

How does our team make the playoffs?

Not every team is eligible for playoffs. Your team will automatically make the playoffs if you have a .500 or better record in your league and your team has a sportsmanship rating of three or better for the duration fo the regular season.

Back to top

Should I wear cleats to compete in the outdoor sports?

Cleats are recommended for outdoor sports, but are not required. Metal cleats of any kind are not allowed in intramural sports, they must be rubber spikes.

Back to top

What if my question isn't answered here?

We want to hear from you! We do our best to make sure our participants have a positive and enjoyable experience. If you have any additional questions that were not addressed here, or if you would like more information on any of our policies, please do not hesitate to contact us by visiting the Competitive Sports Clubhouse in the John Wooden Center, by calling us at (310) 267-5416, or by e-mailing us at

Back to top

Partner of USA TODAY College Sports

Partner of USA TODAY College Sports

Bruin Walk, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA

Intramural Field

Open 7 days a week: 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM

Program Specific Questions

Contact Information

Handbooks & Manuals

Website Specific Questions

2007-2022IMLeagues, All Rights Reserved